PROCEDURES FOR MORNING AND AFTERNOON DISMISSAL
MORNING CAR DROP-OFF
Every morning all students riding in vehicles will enter into the car loop in front of the school. Parents are asked to pull forward to unload in the designated, single-lane, unloading area. Students should be prepared to exit the car immediately, having already gathered up any necessary materials. All students MUST exit the vehicle on the passenger side onto the sidewalk. For the safety of your child and others, never let a child out of the car on the driver's side. We ask that all students are dropped off no later than 7:35 a.m. to get to their classrooms and begin the day promptly at 7:40 a.m. The tardy bell rings at 7:40 a.m.
AFTERNOON CAR DISMISSAL
Each family may register for a Secure Dismissal Tag. These tags will allow parents to participate in Valet Pick-up and/or Parent Pick-Up without an ID. A Secure Dismissal Tag needs to be displayed on the rearview mirror each time you pick up your child. Please come in to get a new tag. Students will NOT be dismissed with the previous year's tags.
PARENT PICK-UP: When you enter the school, the left lane will allow you to park in our lot. Please take your Secure Dismissal tag with you to pick up your child. Please wait in your car until our 3:00 bell rings. Your child will exit the building on the far left by the Kindergarten Playground. Please form a line with social distancing. Staff will check your Secure Dismissal tag before release.
VALET PICK-UP: When you enter the school parking lot, stay to the right, and come around the loop in front of the building. Staff will check your Secure Dismissal Tag, which will release your child to wait at our front entrance. Vehicles will be directed to form two lanes where staff will verify the Secure Dismissal Tag and load your child into your vehicle. Keep the following in mind:
Thank you for supporting our procedures for Valet Pick Up. Here are a few reminders:
- Valet Pick Up line closes at 3:30 p.m. Please arrive between 3:00-3:25. Once the line closes, vehicles will park in our lot and come inside for dismissal.
- Please keep the crosswalk free of vehicles. Pull forward. We load 5 vehicles in front of and behind the crosswalk. Pulling forward allows us to load more students for dismissal.
- We are unable to buckle children in car seats or buckle seat belts. Please use the Parent Valet Pick Up or pull through the Valet line and into the parking lot to adjust your child's belt.
- Remember, "Thumbs Up" means you have your child, and you are ready to leave. "Thumbs Down" means you are waiting for your child. We will direct you to pull forward to the cones.
- Don't forget- you may use the Parent Pick-Up line by the kindergarten playground. This is a quick way to grab your child, hop in your car, and get on your way.
- Parents who are picking up after 3:30 p.m. consistently will be required to meet with campus administration.
- Watch out for children and staff participating in the dismissal process! Safety First!
- Please pull up as close to the car in front of you as possible
- No cell phone use in vehicles while in school zones
- Parents should remain in their cars at all times.
NO SECURE DISMISSAL TAG? IF you do not have your Secure Dismissal Tag, you will be required to park and report to the front office. All students are released following proper verification of parent/guardian ID.
BUS ARRIVAL and DISMISSAL
All bus riders will be dropped off and picked up at the side of the building in the designated bus area. It is unlawful to ever have cars in the bus loop. We greatly appreciate your patience and understanding as everyone gets into this daily routine.